If you have some relevant content you’d like to contribute to the website, there are two ways you can do it:
- If you’re on Twitter, simply use the hashtag #HerneHill and our site will automatically pick up your post.
- If you’d like to add an event to the calendar, see the instructions below.
Adding an event
You can add an event to the calendar yourself. Just follow these steps:
- You will be sent an email, click the link to set your password.
- Now you have an account you can login at the top of the website.
- Once logged in you will see the website with a black bar at the top. Here you can click Events then Add Event. This takes you to the admin panel.
- Click Add new at the top of the Events admin area.
- Give your event a title, then in the content editing box write your content.
- Under the content box is a box called “The Events Calendar” and here you fill in all of the details such as date, time, venue and event website.
- To associate an image with your event, please prepare your image first then click “set featured image” on the right and upload your prepared image. It will then appear in your event listing. Images cannot be larger than 1MB, should be no wider than 1200px and MUST be 72 dpi. If you do not know how to prepare images for the web, please don’t upload one!
- Select one or two of the categories from the list on the right.
- Then you can either Preview the event, Save Draft or Publish it.
- Don’t forget to logout by hovering over your login name in the top right of the screen and then clicking Log Out.
NB: you can only edit events that you have created but not events that other people have created.
Any problems, just get in touch.
- To see more options in the content editor, click the Toolbar Toggle button
- Try not to style your text too much as our website will style fonts as we want them, for consistency. You can choose if the text is a heading and you can add links.
- If you are copying text from Word, please click the “paste as text” button BEFORE copying the text from Word – this will remove the unnecessary formatting that Word attaches to text.
- If your content is long it will look odd when on the homepage of our website. You can choose where the website cuts off the text on the homepage by inserting a “read more tag” into the text by clicking this button at the top of the editor .
- You can ignore the following boxes in the admin area: Yoast SEO, Excerpt, Discussion, Event Options, Tags.