Want to get involved? The Herne Hill Forum Committee and Officer election trail is about to begin
Want to meet new people in the community and get involved in local campaigns, projects and events? We know we don't fly the flag often enough so here's a few examples of what the HHF has done in the past year:
- Brockwell Passage mural and lighting and the wall stenciling with St Judes Schoool
- Lobbying Thames Water alongside and on behalf of the flooded businesses
- Fundraising and purchasing of the Herne Hill People's Piano
- CleanHerneHill campaign and Waste Collective
- Building, maintenance and administration of this website!
- Bundle of Joy - children's clothing exchange initiative
- The monthly Newsletter which goes out to over 7500 subscribers
- The Children's Halloween party attended by about 1000 people
- Cleaning up and greening up Station Square
- Oral history of Herne Hill - History Hear project
...and many more.
What do you think? Interested? You don't need a campaign manager; you don't need to make a speech. All you need is enthusiasm and an interest to get involved. We meet monthly, at the Florence, with a beverage if you like. You can get invovled in as much or as little as you like. It's a good great of people, having fun while working for the greater good of the community. New recruits always welcome.
If you're interested, please get in contact with email@example.com before Wednesday 22nd February. The Committee and Officers (Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary) are officially elected at the AGM but all is not lost if you miss this date. Get in contact and come to the next committee meeting.
Look forward to hearing from you!