Volunteer Group Facilitator
Link Age Southwark is a vibrant local charity with an impressive track record of supporting older people to thrive in later life. We currently supportover 600 isolated, older people in the London Borough of Southwark. We recruit and train volunteers to visit older people in their homes, and organise activity groups in supported housing and community centres. We support older people who are lonely – people who live alone without family, who may have been recently bereaved or have mobility issues which stop them leaving the home independently. Our fantastic team of over 400 volunteers bring joy to people’s lives and support older people to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible.
We are currently seeking volunteer support with our reminiscence group for older people who love getting together for conversation and to reminisce on their chosen topics. We are seeking a like-minded volunteer who can support the existing lead volunteer on a Wednesday morning for two hours with:
- Setting up and clearing away activities
- Supporting the group leader with running the activities and providing cover when they are away,
- Welcoming group attendees
- Preparing and serving refreshments – this may include buying refreshments for which expenses are refunded
- Socialising with group members and stimulating conversation
- Keeping a register of attendances
- Assisting with publicising activities within the venue to attract more participants
The group meets weekly in sheltered accommodation in the Herne Hill area.
We would be delighted if you are interested in joining us as a group volunteer or if you would like to know more about the above opportunity please get in touch with Melissa Kent, by calling 020 8299 2623 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details can also be found on our website at: