Urgently required- Minutes Secretary for St.Faith’s Community Hub
St.Faith’s Community and Youth Association was established as a registered charity to manage the use of the Centre building for the benefit of the local community. It is now developing into a Community Hub, this year we have begun a project to refurbish, improve our facilities and increase our building size to accommodate changing and increasing demands.
The Centre provides facilities for recreation, education and leisure activities with the aim of improving the conditions of life for users of the centre and the local community.
The charity encourages and supports groups seeking to serve the local people and sharing the vision and aims of St.Faith’s Youth and Community Association.At present the Centre hosts 26 user groups: 17 of which are registered charities.
This is a Community Hub run by the community for the local community.
You can be part of this exciting development.
The Board of Trustees is seeking to appoint a Minutes Secretary.
The post is on a voluntary basis, offering fulfilment , experience and the opportunity to give back to the local community.
What does the Secretary do?
- Taking minutes in meeting. These are usually every two months on a Tuesday evening between 7.30pm -9pm.
- Keeping files of past minutes and reports.
- Letting people know when and where the next meeting is and what it is about.
- Helping to prepare agendas for meetings with the Chairperson.
- Writing and receiving letters on behalf of the group.
- Keeping members informed of what correspondence has been sent out and received.
- Keeping a record of membership.
- Keeping a record of important phone numbers/ e-mail addresses.
Could this be you or someone you know?