SPECIAL PUBLIC MEETING: Tackling Violent Crime in our neighbourhood
A public meeting has been organised by Lambeth councillors to address the growing concern about violent crime, especially the impact it has on young people.
Local community leaders, elected representatives, faith leaders and local police will be present as they discuss ideas to help address the issue of violent crime. It is hoped this might become a recurring series of meetings, so if you are keen to keep this issue at the top of the agenda, please take the opportunity to make your voice heard.
· Helen Hayes, MP for Dulwich & West Norwood
· Florence Eshalomi, Assembly Member for Lambeth & Southwark
· Cllr Mohammed Seedat, Cabinet Member for Community Safety, LB Lambeth
· Pastor Peter Adigun Province Head Celestial Church of Christ, Loughborough Junction
· Representatives from Lambeth Police Service
WHEN: Saturday 16 February 2019
WHERE: Carnegie Library, 188 Herne Hill Road, London SE24 0AG
TIME: 12noon – 2.00pm
All welcome – including residents, families, local businesses and community representatives.
Organised by Herne Hill Councillors, Cllr Pauline George and Cllr Jim Dickson, with support from Carnegie Community Trust.
Image source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news