SE24 - Sustainable Energy for South London
You can invest in a brighter future with SE24
The cost of our fuel bills is rising every year, so it makes sense to use alternative sources of energy. Once installed, solar panels on roofs provide free, clean, electricity - but they can be expensive to buy up front. That’s where SE24, a local energy cooperative comes in. We are making our first share offer to raise £80,000 of investment from the community to install solar panels at our three partner sites: Alleyn’s School (on the swimming pool roof not the main building), Herne Hill United Church and Herne Hill Methodist Hall in Southwark. We’d like you to join us.
What’s in it for you?
- All shareholders become members of SE24 which is a Co-operative Benefit Society
- After a two year settling down period we aim to pay 4% interest each year to our members.
- Shares may be exempt from inheritance tax if held for more than 2 years.
What’s in it for the planet?
- Over 20 years we expect the building users, collectively, to save £40,000, generate some 1,200 MWh solar electricity, and reduce carbon emissions by around 420 tonnes.
What’s in it for the community?
- As well as paying interest and returning capital to investors we aim to produce over the course of the 20 years £17,500 of surplus. This will be used to tackle fuel poverty in South East London.
What’s the catch? There isn’t one!
- It’s a virtuous circle: our site partners receive panels that are installed and maintained free of charge; our shareholders get rewarded for supporting our project; and SE24 gets an income for a Community Fund that will be used to help educate the community about how they can reduce their carbon footprint and support projects that provide advice and practical help to households living in fuel poverty.
What do you do next?
The deadline for investing in this SE24 project is Tuesday July 5th 2016. If you’d like to learn more about investing in SE24 including the risks as well as benefits you can either
- Download a brochure and application form from our website www.se24.co.uk
- Call us direct on 0207 733 4871 to request a hard copy of our brochure
As with all risk investments, our shares could lose some, or all, their value and they are not protected by the Government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme or the Financial Ombudsman Service.