Children's Halloween Event! Wed 31 October!
The traders in Station Square and the Herne Hill Forum are putting on a Halloween event for kids on Wed 31st October. Once the little darlings have drained the good householders of Herne Hill dry of sweets, herd them up to where the Sunday market is - the road will be closed so the ghouls can take over with all sorts of weird and wonderful things happening...the creepiness starts at 5.00!
· Thriller dance workshop run by Ash Mukhergee
· fire juggler, stilt walker, bubble blower
· creepy storytelling in the ghoulish grotto
· pumpkin carving workshop & apple bobbing run by Fruit Garden
· bat and spider making workshops run by HHF volunteers
· an unlucky dip - just what might you find deep inside the slime?
· fancy dress competitions (scariest, cutest)
· Lots of tricking and treating
· and lots lots more!
The pedestrian tunnel will be decorated by kids and volunteers with spider webs and the creepy crawlies made in the workshops, spooks will surround the area in every nook and cranny hidden where you least expect them. There will be buckets of horrible blood to drink, dead fingers to eat and much more food and drink for you to buy your little ghouls and vampires (and some much needed mulled wine for you).
If you want to lend a hand on the day, both grown ups and kids are welcome to come down and help decorate the area with spooky yucky stuff, (remember, this Halloween falls in the middle of half term and you might be a bit stir crazy?). We also need knife weilding adults to help with the pumpkin workshop - we want the kids to design a Jack o Lantern for every bollard in the square but we need sensible folks to help carve.
Any other ideas or offers of help please email firstname.lastname@example.org