Carnegie Library News Roundup: Storytelling! Bats! Foodbank! Poetry!
• Story Telling/Rhyme Time Under-5s @ Carnegie Library Aug 2nd - from 10.30am till noon tomorrow and every Friday with Caroline reading and singing songs + loads of lovely new toys! http://www.hernehill.org.uk/events/story-telling-and-rhyme-time-under-5-year-olds-carnegie-library
• Don't forget Bat Fun Day this Saturday the 3rd: bat arts & crafts + bat lore 2-4:30pm. Break then meet on library steps 8:30pm for walk in Ruskin Park with bat expert and detectors! http://www.hernehill.org.uk/news/go-bats-over-bats-ruskin-park
• Reminder: there's now a foodbank collection point at the Carnegie so even easier to pop something into the box for those in need when you come to the library - btw take a book out into the library's tranquil garden! Today would be ideal with the heat … what a Herne Hill relaxer - a little Lido and a little library! The Cub Scouts did a great job of weeding and clearing up.
• Don't forget that The Carnegie poetry group meets at the library every Monday 1-2.30. Drop in for tea, coffee and friendly discussion.
• Finally, for more breaking news about events and new library services, check out the Friends of the Carnegie Library on Facebook, Twitter as well as on their group pages on the Herne Hill Forum, always something happening! Look out for the Creepy House Challenge with Freshwater Theatre, Ray Newell's painting exhibition … also Dr Bike will doing cycle services in the garden, all later in August! http://www.hernehill.org.uk/groups/friends-carnegie-library • https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfCarnegieLibrary • https://twitter.com/FrndsofCarnegie