Bundle of Joy
We’d love you to be involved in a new local children’s clothing initiative, ‘Bundle of Joy’. It’s the first time the campaign has been run and we’re really excited to be hosting it here in the Herne Hill community.
About ‘Bundle of Joy’:
Bundle Of Joy will be launched by Hubbub UK in partnership with The Herne Hill Forum on Monday 8th February.
In the lead up to Mother’s Day (6th March) we’d love you to join us in gifting good quality unwanted baby and children’s clothing in the form of a ‘Bundle of Joy’. Bundles of Joy will then be distributed to support local mums on Mother’s Day 2016.
Increasing the lifespan of tots’ togs will help decrease the amount of clothing that goes to waste and help local families to save money this spring.
- Give a Bundle of Joy between 8th February - 6th March by following the 4 easy steps below
- Host an event: Host Bundle of Joy themed event, it's a great way to get together with other parents and make up your Bundle of Joy gifts. Download ideas for a coffee morning here hubbub_bundle_of_joy_coffee_morning.pd
- Attend an event: Jelly Tot's Cafe
- Spread the word! Through your friends, networks and on social media using #BundleOfJoy.
1. Can I give more than one bundle? What do I do if I have more clothes than can fit in one bundle?
There is no limit to how many Bundle of Joy gifts you give as long as all the clothing is clean and of good quality. Each bundle must be organised into one distinct category (based on gender, age and season). You can pick up empty bundles from any of the following pick up points: Brockwell Lido, Dulwich Road; Jellytots Childrens Café, Norwood Road; Duo Dance, Half Moon Lane; Fourways Pharmacy, Half Moon Lane; Tales on Moon Lane, Half Moon Lane; Carnegie Library, Herne Hill Road. Clothing of lesser quality can be dropped off at a local Charity Shop or recycling point, see details below.
2. I’ve got clothes that are stained and worn, what can I do with them?
Don’t put any stained or worn clothing in the Bundle of Joy. Consider dropping any lesser quality garments off at one of the following locations:
- Oxfam, 20 Half Moon Lane, Herne Hill, , London , SE24 9HU
- TRAID, 2 Acre Ln, London, SW2 5SG.
- Barnardo’s, 414 Brixton Rd, London, Brixton, Greater London, SW9 7AY.
- St Christophers Hospice Shop, 85-87 Lordship Ln, East Dulwich, London, SE22 8EP.
- Geranium Shops For The Blind, 178B Norwood Rd, London, SE27 9AU
Textiles recycling points:
- Lairdale Close, Rosendale Road, SE21 8NA.
- Loughborough Park, junction with Moorland Road, SW9 8TA.
- Lambeth Reuse and Recycling Centre - Vale Street, West Norwood, SE27 9PA.
- H&M’s stores: ‘close the loop’ textiles recycling scheme in exchange for a £5 voucher.
3. Who will the bundles go to?
Bundles of Joy will be gifted to a number of different local families from Mother’s Day 2016. This could be families who live in Herne Hill or the surrounding area. Any family can give a bundle of pre-loved clothing and any family can receive one back. The idea is to support Mum’s supporting one another by passing on kid’s clothing.
4. I’d like to receive a bundle gift, how do I get one?
If you’d like to receive a Bundle of Joy or know someone who would, let Keziah know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Also keep your eye out on the website – we’ll be updating it with details of gifting sessions happening locally.
5. Can I give after Mother’s Day?
The central collection point will be up for 1 week post Mother’s Day to allow for the return of any final bundles. Please return your bundle by Monday 14th March at the latest. If for any reason you cannot drop off your bundle before this date please contact Keziah: email@example.com.
6. My children's clothing is a mix of gender, age and season, what can I do with them?
You can divide your clothing into several bundles (all categorised differently). Alternatively attend a local Bundle of Joy event or host your own. This enables you to pool clothing and sort it with others into different bundles. For a list of events happening near you go to the Bundle of Joy Facebook page.
All other questions.
For all other queries email firstname.lastname@example.org.