Lambeth have shared this recruitment post with us and given permission for it to be shared more widely online
Welfare Benefit Officer – Lambeth– 6 Month Contract – £18 per hour (Inside IR35, Umbrella) – start date 04/11/2019.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Welfare benefit officer in Lambeth to support a benefit take up service, through providing benefit advice and processing referrals. The placement involves providing benefit checks to those referred on a range of disability, incapacity and means tested benefits to a range of client groups.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
· Assist vulnerable clients in take-up and maintenance of welfare benefits claims to maximise income, particularly disability benefits and tax credits.
· Provide administrative support to the welfare benefits team.
· Deliver telephone and face to face advice to people contacting Lambeth’s benefits take up campaign.
· Act as first point of contact for people contacting the campaign by telephone, email or in writing.
· Carry out interviews with clients and provide appropriate information and advice according to their circumstances, including in-depth casework to recognised standards of good practice.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
· Demonstrable knowledge of current Social Security legislation, procedures, framework and processes, in relation to all non-contribution based, non-means tested benefits and tax credits.
· Knowledge and understanding of Information and Communications Technology including use of electronic case management systems, databases, spreadsheets, email, internet.
· Experience of working with people at all levels including vulnerable people, those on low incomes and with debt problems, people from diverse backgrounds, and staff from a range of organisations.
· Experience in welfare rights advice, casework and representation.
35 Hours per week.
Additional checks will be required on application.
Contact if interested: