Herne Hill Neighbourhood Plan
Herne Hill Future
- Are you happy about the volume of traffic where you live?
- Do you think the area needs new schools?
- What about affordable housing for key workers and your family?
- A tube station for Herne Hill?
- Are there enough local jobs?
If you have a view about these issues, we’d love to hear from you - please email email@example.com with any ideas you have about how the local area should develop.
The Herne Hill Forum is working with a team of local volunteers to prepare a Neighbourhood Plan for the area. This will help plan new developments over the next twenty years and if we do it well and get input from enough members of the community, it will become part of the official development plan along with plans prepared by Lambeth and Southwark Councils and the Greater London Authority.
BUT we need to get as many local people involved as possible to tell us their concerns and hopes for the future. We want to hear from as many local residents, organisations, clubs, tenants groups, faith groups and businesses as possible, about what the Neighbourhood Plan should include and how the area should (or should not!) develop.
We also need people with the right sort of skills and time to help with the planning and the work needed. So if you’d like to get involved or share your ideas, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if you’re reading this thinking ‘what on earth’s a Neighbourhood Plan?!’ you can find out lots more here. In a nutshell, Neighbourhood Plans:
- Are created by Parish Councils or neighbourhood forums
- Contain detailed priorities for local development (e.g. buildings, industry, employment, transport, schools, green spaces)
- Give people the chance to decide how their local area should develop and capture the priorities and aspirations of the local population
- Are voted through by referendum following independent examination.
- Form a planning blueprint for the local area once approved.
If you think that sounds like a good idea, we’d love to hear from you.
This section to be populated as the plan comes together.
Notes, minutes and presentations from the EGM/Neighbourhood Plan meeting - 27 January 2016
Thank you for the great turnout and your enthusiasm at the EGM and first Neighbourhood Plan meeting. Please see the notes and presentations below:
Help us map the Herne Hill boundary! Where do you live??