Herne Hill Forum
We are a volunteer-led community group of local residents and traders, who work together to make Herne Hill amazing, independent and unique.
The Forum was formed over 15 years ago and as well as organising fun community events we have successfully spearheaded local campaigns to make Herne Hill a better place to live, work and do business.
Local campaigns and projects
We are the voice of the community at public meetings with councillors, MPs, police and health teams. One of our highlights was campaigning for the pedestrianised area in front of the station ‘Station Square’ and the removal of through-traffic, which has allowed us to create a thriving market and community space. Here's a reminder from the BBC of this success story. Some of our current campaigns and projects include:
- working with Network Rail and councillors to improve our commercial buildings, and protect local traders
- collaborating with architects on urban regeneration projects - designing a new lighting and tiling installation for Herne Hill Railway Bridge and the station underpass
- providing a voice on the daily running of Brockwell Lido
- negotiating with the council on controlled parking zones and safer roads
- design and installation of the mural and lanterns in Brockwell Passage
You know what they say, all work and no play…. So there’s plenty of fun stuff too. With the help of our amazing and dedicated volunteers we take great pleasure in:
- putting on the Christmas Fairs and co-ordinating the Community Tent at the Herne Hill Market
- running an annual Halloween party
- organising music and entertainment in the commuity, such as free film nights
- hosting warm and well events for the elderly
- organising the artwork displays, giant map and noticeboards in the underpass to brighten up our area
- greening Herne Hill with planters and shrubs
- …. and last but by no means least… who could forget our community piano? (it even had its own documentary…)
Who we are
Along with our wonderful volunteers, the Forum has a number of committee members, and three paid staff, who keep the plates spinning and make sure deadlines are met.
Herne Hill needs you!
We are always looking for volunteers, to donate their time, expertise, ideas and enthusiasm. Please drop us an email to email@example.com or fill in the form here if you would be interested in finding out more or could help us for a few hours, days or even a few weeks, whatever you can manage. Any help is very gratefully received.
Check back hear about our latest events, reports and project updates.
In the meantime, you can find out more about the Herne Hill Forum at the Community Tent at Herne Hill Market each Sunday, check out our events in the tab above, and find latest stories and info in the updates section below.
The Forum Team
HHF Committee Minutes
Please see below for a listing of HHF Committee minutes:
Herne Hill Forum AGM & Public Meeting - 22nd February 2017
A few photos from our annual AGM and public meeting at Herne Hill Baptist Church.
Community Tent at the Herne Hill Market
The ever popular Herne Hill Market attracts up to 3000 visitors each Sunday. Within this space, the Herne Hill Forum coordinates a Community Tent where local organisations, groups or sole traders...
Herne Hill Waste Collective
The Herne Hill Waste Collective has BIN busy clearing up the streets.
We all know that rubbish in Herne Hill is a problem. Overflowing wheely bins crowd our pavements, affecting...
Local artist Victor Szepessy and 209 St Jude's Primary School students have transformed Brockwell Passage, Herne Hill with their their own individually...
Herne Hill Forum Halloween Party - 28 October 2016
Everyone loves the Herne Hill Halloween party and holding it a few days early on 28 October, seemed to draw just as big crowd. The children enjoyed biscuit decorating with...
Press Release: Herne Hill unveils new look as it recovers from devastating floods of 2013
21st May 2015
Herne Hill has released a series of new banners to celebrate the area as a unique business district, and to... more
Regeneration of the underpass - we need your help!
Do you think the pedestrian underpass next to Herne Hill Station is grotty? We've installed the community piano there, and the map of Herne Hill, the schools artwork project, and the community... more
Herne Hill Forum's £90,000 prize from DCLG
The Forum has received several prizes over the years for its work to rejuvenate the high street, the biggest, worth £93,000, from the Department of Communities and Local Government as part of... more
Annual accounts for the Herne Hill Forum
Available for download are all the recent annual accounts for the Herne Hill Forum.