BTT after school Club
4ALL aims to build communities in and around West Dulwich, south-east London.
We run two afterschool clubs for disadvantaged young people aged 8-16 living on or near local estates. Between the Tracks (BTT) is for young people aged 8-12 and runs from 3.45-5.45 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Between the Tracks Plus (BTT+), for 13-16 year-olds, runs on Wednesdays from 6.30-8.30. After each club session there’s a half-hour debrief for staff and volunteers.
Both clubs mix support with school work and fun learning activities such as cookery, sport, games, art and crafts, discussion and trips.
What we’re looking for
We're looking for volunteers that aim to empower young people to build a better future for themselves and their community. We are looking for creative, committed, energetic people who want to make a positive change in young people’s lives.
Skills you will develop
- Leadership: you will help plan, coordinate and lead weekly activities with the young people, ensuring that they are engaging and fun.
- Mentoring: you will help young people to improve their life skills, avoid educational failure and relate positively to their peers and community.
- Communication and listening: you will build trusting relationships with the young people, taking time to listen to them and become a positive role model in their lives.
- Motivational skills: you will learn to inspire and motivate young people, encouraging them to make positive lifestyle choices.
- Youth work and outreach experience: you will develop young people’s confidence and build their self-esteem.
- Organisation and planning skills: you will help the team plan club activities and occasional trips.
- Some experience in working with young people, or enthusiasm to do so
- An active interest in investing in the community.
- Non-judgmental attitudes.
- An enthusiastic, dedicated and flexible approach.
- Respect for everyone, irrespective of their background or situation.
- Ability to attend regularly. We ideally ask our volunteers to commit to every two weeks, however this can be negotiated depending on availability.
Practical considerations and how to apply
We ask our volunteers to commit to minimum of 6 months, to ensure continuity and allow positive relationships to form.
We ask for two references and require all volunteers to undergo a DBS check.
To express your interest, please email email@example.com.
On Mondays BTT meets at the Rosedale Centre:
147 Peabody Cottages
On Wednesdays we meet at the hall on Peabody Hill:
Peabody Community Hall